Become a Member: Join Today
Regular Membership application may be made electronically or on paper.
An overview of AAFSPHV members nationwide.
Top Reasons to Join the American Association of Food Safety and Public Health Veterinarians (AAFSPHV)
- Networking: Access a professional community for exchanging ideas, sharing information, communicating, and promoting the science and art of public health. AAFSPHV membership is an opportunity for veterinarians and veterinary students (whether they are currently working in public health or another segment of veterinary practice) to collaborate with colleagues who also have an interest in public health. An online searchable directory and listserv are coming soon.
- Mentorship: Find professional insight, advice, and guidance or reach out to mentor other members.
- Members' Resources: Obtain exclusive, valuable materials, including employment opportunities, educational presentations and other resources, on the For Members pages of the AAFSPHV website.
News and Information
- Receive the E-mail newsletter and members-only announcements of relevant meetings, news items, and position announcements to keep apprised of current events.
- Calendar: Review important dates online (including registration and abstract submission deadlines) of important public health meetings and events.
- Develop policy and position statements representing veterinarians working in public health that subsequently result in improved human and animal health. In the long-term and as AAFSPHV grows in size, AAFSPHV hopes to send a Delegate to the AVMA House of Delegates to participate in the development of AVMA policy with an impact on public health.
- Communications: The Communications Workgroup of the AAFSPHV facilitates systems for AAFSPHV members to communicate with each other and participate in AAFSPHV activities. Key responsibilities include the website, member listserve, calendar, job listings and newsletter.
- Outreach: The Outreach Workgroup of the AAFSPHV aims to educate laypeople and members of the veterinary profession about the role of veterinarians in public health and to provide opportunities for professional development for veterinary students and veterinarians in the field of public health. A key focus of the Outreach Workgroup is to engage veterinary students by providing materials and opportunities that allow them to explore the exciting world of veterinarians working in public health.
- Policy: The Policy Workgroup advises the AAFSPHV Board of Directors to promote public health within the Association and with allied public health organizations. It reviews and develops veterinary public health resolutions and recommendations, and responds to policy inquiries from legislators and other organizations. It also serves as a coalition to promote changes in public health policy to improve human and animal health.
- Develop administration, organization, and management skills by contributing to AAFSPHV's mission as a member, volunteer, workgroup member, or officer.
Be a Part of Something Much Bigger
- Help make AAFSPHV the pre-eminent organization representing public health veterinarians working in all aspects of public health.
Already a member?
Forgotten your User name and Password? AAFSPHV members can request them from firstname.lastname@example.org